“Being the first introduction to advanced riding I was cautious to say the least. However once John had assessed my riding we set about improving it. Within a couple of hours I felt a 100% better with my approach to riding and how I was handling the bike. Thanks John”
The enhanced rider scheme checks your motorcycle riding skills and provides training to help you improve. There is no test. You can get discounts on motorcycle insurance once you’ve successfully completed the scheme.
You can take the enhanced rider scheme if you’re a fully licensed motorcyclist and have passed your test. The scheme is suitable if you:
- Have just passed your test
- Are returning to riding after a break
- Are upgrading to a more powerful motorcycle
- Want to check your riding standard
You’ll first have a rider assessment with an expert trainer. You’ll ride in different road and traffic conditions. The ride will be long enough for your trainer to make a good assessment of your skills. For most people this is 1 to 2 hours. You get personalised training to improve your skills and get the certificate at the end of your training. The DVSA certificate of competence gives you discounts with most motorcycle insurers. The type of training depends on what you need to brush up on. You might be offered all-day courses or shorter sessions.
- How long does the course last? – Anywhere between 2 two 6 hours but usually within the day.
- How much does it cost? – We charge £30 per hour with a minimum 2 hour duration.
- Do I need my own bike? – Ideally yes as the training is more personalised then, but if you haven’t got one we can hire you one of ours for the duration of the course.
- Am I on my own or can I bring a mate? – We usually train on a 2 clients to 1 instructor basis so bringing a mate is ideal.